Article 1 - OBJECTIVE OF THE FESTIVAL
FESTIPHOTO DE FATIMA is a festival that promotes the talents of amateur photographers from the Central African Republic and other nationalities living in the country. Its aim is to accompany them in their creativity. It aims to make the general public aware of the many riches of Central African culture and to offer amateurs career opportunities.
Article 2 - THEME OF THE FESTIVAL
The theme of this 4th edition is: "Caring for the environment of our schools". Through this theme, the festival allows participants to acquire knowledge and skills that will enable them to take an active role in the economy, society and culture and to present to the public the wonders and beauty of the environment of their schools (or schools in Central Africa).
Article 3 - PRIZES AND AWARDS
The prizes and awards of the FATIMA FESTIPHOTO will be given in the form of trophies, a certificate and financial sums according to the ranking (merits). These prizes are as follows:
-The "Sabango" grand prize (250,000 FCFA)
This prize rewards the candidates of the school having presented the album involving originality, professional and artistic technical marvels related to the theme of the edition which is "Taking care of the environment of our schools".
-2nd prize (200,000 FCFA)
This prize rewards the candidates of the school having presented the second best album involving originality, professional and artistic technical marvels related to the theme of the edition which is "Taking care of the environment of our schools".
-3rd prize (150,000 FCFA)
This prize rewards the candidates of the school having presented the third best album involving originality, professional and artistic technical marvels related to the theme of the edition which is "Taking care of the environment of our schools".
-4th prize (100,000 FCFA)
This prize rewards the candidates from the school having presented the fourth best album involving originality, professional and artistic technical marvels related to the theme of the edition which is "Caring for the environment of our schools".
-5th prize (50,000 FCFA)
This prize is awarded to the candidates from the school having presented the fifth best album involving originality, professional and artistic technical marvels related to the theme of the edition which is "Caring for the environment of our schools".
Article 4 - CRITERIA AND DEADLINES FOR APPLICATIONS
- The festival is open to all Central African and foreign nationals residing in the Central African Republic between the ages of 15 and 35 (at the time of application). There is no fee to apply for the FATIMA FESTIPHOTO.
- Each participant or (each institution) may submit only one album to the competition
- An album must necessarily contain 5 photos representing the buildings, open spaces, landscaped areas (playground, garden, etc.), classrooms, administration block, a general presentation, etc. of a school.
- Excluded are the members of the jury and the organising committee of the FATIMA FESTIPHOTO of this edition.
- The candidate's representative from a school undertakes to be the author of any photograph sent to the FATIMA FESTIPHOTO Organising Committee. Otherwise, the Festival cannot be held responsible.
- The representative of the candidates from a school authorises the festival team to use his/her photographs in the framework of the exhibitions and in any other way necessary for the communication of the festival.
- A pre-selection committee will select the best photographs which will be communicated to the festival jury.
- Only the candidates whose photos are selected will participate in the final phase of the FATIMA FESTIPHOTO.
The submission of an entry constitutes acceptance of these rules. All works that portray uncivil behaviour are prohibited: violence, discrimination and intolerance.
For minors, the authorization of the school is mandatory. The school permission form can be downloaded from the festival website or collected from the Photography Department at the Fatima Martyrs' Centre.
Applications for the competition can be made on the website: www.ndfbanguifilmcentre.com or at the Directorate of Photography at the Martyrs' Centre in Fatima.
The following elements are essential for your online application:
1) 05 photos related to the theme of the festival "Caring for the environment of our schools". A title is mandatory for the album, and a description of the chosen photos is desirable.
2) 01 digital version of an identity card or any other document proving the age and nationality of the candidates' representative. In case of difficulties, the Fatima Martyrs' Centre is available to provide logistical support for these administrative procedures;
3) 01 passport photo of the candidate's representative.
Registration for the FATIMA FESTIPHOTO will take place from 13 May to 19 November 2023 at 18h00 (Bangui-RCA time)
Applications by email are also possible. Please send them to:
Article 5 - ORGANISATION AND PERIODICITY OF THE FESTIVAL
The FESTIPHOTO festival is organised by the Centre des Martyrs de Fatima de Bangui (located on Avenue de la CEMAC in the Fatima district of Bangui/RCA). FESTIPHOTO DE FATIMA is a photography festival that takes place every year at the parish of Notre Dame de Fatima in Bangui at a time decided by the organisers.
Article 6 - THE JURY OF THE FESTIVAL.
The jury of FESTIPHOTO DE FATIMA is composed of experts in visual arts, international / national photographers, painters and sculptors. Any decision of the jury through the festival prizes is final.
Article 7 - ENTRY INTO FORCE.
The provisions of the present regulations come into force from the date of their publication on the official website of the festival.
Done in Bangui on 29 April 2023
The festival director
Data protection policy. The Centre des Martyrs de Fatima Centre of the Parish of Our Lady of Fatima-Bangui in Avenue de la CEMAC BP:1427 Bangui/RCA will process the personal data, as the person responsible for them, that are provided by the participants and for the sole purpose for which they were collected, with the maximum guarantees of security and confidentiality. In accordance with current legislation, you are informed that the personal data you provide will be included in a file owned by the Responsible and whose purpose is the appropriate management of the participation of applicants in the FESTIPHOTO DE FATIMA November 2023. Likewise, we inform you that we do not share your data with third parties, unless we are obliged to do so by law or if the courts or tribunals request us to do so. Without prejudice to the foregoing, you may at any time revoke, where appropriate, the consent given and exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion, opposition, limitation and portability of your personal data, by sending a letter to the above parish address or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com under the conditions established by the legislation.
Thanks to our partners